Wednesday 6 July 2011

Those calls again

DC takes a different approach

Caller: "Hello, I'm calling from <blank> company and I'm conducting a survey into leisure services in your area"
DC: Can you prove that?
Caller: "Sorry"
DC: "Can you prove that you are who you say you are?"
Caller: "I can give you a number to call me back"
DC: "That won't really prove that your legitimate though will it"
Caller: "But this is a really important survey and your opinion matters"
DC: "What is it about then"
Caller: "It's to do with leisure facilities in your area"
DC: "Well that's not important to me, why should I tell you anything"
Caller: "Well your opinion counts"
DC: "But I know my opinion. What company did you say you worked for again?"
Caller: "<blank>"
DC: "I've never heard of them"
Caller: "We're quite well know in our field"
DC: "Well as I've never heard of your company, the survey isn't important and you can't prove who you are, I'm not willing to give you information. Good-bye"
Caller: [In a very small and pathetic voice] "Bye"

No comments: