Wednesday 6 July 2011

Examination

Exams are over for the summer

If you took Wigology this semester you may have already seen these exam questions

Question 1
I regularly attend a telephone conference twice a week with, amongst others, a man who we shall refer to within the context of this email as Mr Walrus. Every meeting Mr Walrus can be heard with a continuous heavy breath... Am I right in thinking I can have him for harassment? It has got to the point where I feel scared to attend the calls just in case he starts again. What actions would you recommend I take?

Question 2
Whilst using some public amenities, I could have sworn that I was in the supermarket toilets. Imagine my surprise when I emerge out of the toilets at the post office. Is it possible that I could have been smellyported into another set of toilets?

Question 3
If a phone call costs no more than 5p per minute and I talk for 32 seconds. How much does it cost per minute if there is a minimum call charge of 5.5p?

Question 4
What is JDubya currently classified as due to his limp inspired walk? (A) Disabled (B) Differently-abled (C) Unabled (D) Temporarily non-abled (E) A man with a limp (F) Faking it

Question 5
If you have a scratch on your monitor and you can rub it off, is it really a scratch?

Question 6
The ancient Greeks invented a sporting competition at Mount Olympus.  One of the games involved throwing a flattened sphere as far as possible.  Discuss.


Model answers

Answer 1
Whistle down the phone in an irritating manner from time to time.  Complain loudly about it and say that it is due to someone not being 'on silent'.  When everyone preeses their secrecy buttons, stop whistling (the heavy breathing will stop too).

Answer 2
Yes. This usually happens an even number of times so that you emerge where you started, but if you cut short your pleasures anything can happen.

Answer 3
No more than 5p and no less than 5.5p

Answer 4
Mr JDubya will be moving more gracefully in the near future. See http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/wai-pageauth.html#gl-table-markup section 2.1

Answer 5
No, it was an itch.

Answer 6
Oh I see what you did there.  What a clever examiner you are.

No comments: