Thursday 7 July 2011

OCD or just ODD?

My peculiar sweet eating technique

Whenever I find myself in possession of a bag or tube of sweets, if they come in multiple colours then I have an uncontrollable urge to sort them by the colours of the rainbow. That's the "red and yellow and pink and green, orange and purple and blue..." rainbow song rather than the "Richard of York gave battle in vain" scientific colours.

Not only do I have to sort by colour, but I then also have to eat them in that order too. Any non "rainbow" coloured sweets are eaten on mass at the end.

I've done this for as long as I can remember, but only with sweets. As odd as this may sound, my condition has improved recently as I no longer insist anyone sharing the sweets with me also eats them in the correct colour sequence.

If anyone knows a cure, then please comment!

No comments: