Wednesday 22 June 2011

Marriott Memoirs - Chapter 3

An easy mis-steak to make

Sirloin steak is not the cheapest meal on the menu, nor is it the most expensive.  Tonight I would live a little but not a lot.

My order, as you have guessed, was sirloin steak.  Medium with fries and a peppercorn sauce.  "It will be delivered in 45 minutes" they promised so I passed the time by downloading the special edition 'Jon-jay' wig from the website and browsed the wigster gallery, planning my next wig trip.

Time passed, 55 minutes had gone by but I was in no hurry to eat.  I could cut them a little slack.  Five minutes later I phoned the restaurant.  They had the order but had not processed it and they offered to upgrade the meal to fillet steak in recompense.

I accepted and was informed that the meal would arrive in 45 minutes.

And it did.  After 40 minutes exactly, a cod arrived at the door.  It was a fillet of fish.

1 comment:

telboy007 said...

I feel a second book coming on.