Wednesday 4 July 2007

Writers block

A Novel Idea...

If you are a writer, and need to start a new book or chapter you might struggle. Sometimes, the words and ideas just won't flow. This phenomenon is called writers block.

Here are a few opening sentences that you can use to get you started:

1) His trousers left little to the imagination as you could clearly see his legs.

2) "I'm beginning to see a pattern here and it isn't tartan" said super sleuth Sam Sputnick.

3) The bumpy curvy thing in the mirror was called Dorothy.

4) As he sat in his fine Milan leather armchair, with the standing lamp illumunating his cap, he began to ponder.

5) His invisible freind was taunting him about his need for a haircut.

6) The girl with the squeakiest name put up her hand.

7) I wandered along a deserted beach, the sea laden wind leaving me bereft of my sense of normality.

8) The lime green scarf clashed with her boots.

9) I was no McEnroe, but my balls were so on the line that I could see the dust flying.

10) "Triangulation complete sir, we have a lock", but the maths teacher was not amused.

Just make sure that we are mentioned in the acknowledgements.

No comments: